Wednesday, October 8, 2014

the breath taking adventure


     I searched through the water in fear, in confusion. My mom had just told my uncle, who was leading the canoe that my cousin Jamil had just fallen in the water. Usually it would be no big deal that someone fell in; it would actually be kind of funny. But this time it wasn't. Jamil fell in without a life jacket, and when my brother and cousin, who was in the canoe with him, tried to throw the sitting mats at him so he could get pulled in. But he was too busy panicking because he fell in 15 feet of water. When he panicked he soon got tired and went under. I could hear my brother screech in fear from a mile away. My uncle and my other cousin, Cidni, rowed so fast the boat rocked back and forth. When we got to the site where he fell, my uncle bolted into the water with his clothes on, pushing water back and looking for him with his eyes wide open. Then he screamed as if he had seen a ghost. To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment