Monday, October 6, 2014



Word count goal (300)



I walked through the studio and landed down in a straddle along with the other dancers. We stretched for seven minutes and then went over our dances. I worked on turning in the mirror to correct my form. I lifted me right foot into passé and spotted the mirror. Then a couple of other people joined me in the mini session.

All of a sudden, I heard Kennedy, the teacher in training say “ok, let’s have a little contest. Everyone line up at the bar.” She announced. We rushed to the bar in confusion.
   “Now everyone but your leg into a heel stretch. Whoever lasts longest in their stretch, wins a free Gatorade.” I had to win this. Not only for the Gatorade , but to prove myself to everyone that I’m just as determined as the girls that have been there before this year.
 “Six minutes. The reason for this exercise is for you to want it! You have to earn it. Other people out here just get what they want, but we have to earn it and to want to earn it!” she said in a motivating voice.

That’s when I started to feel the burn.  And I’m pretty sure other people did too. We started to moan and groan about the pain in out thighs. When our legs are up high for a long time, we start to cramp in the quad area, the hip area, and in the triceps area (from holding your leg). When that occurred, we started to get out because our legs were giving out, but not me. I was in the top three left, the bottom two. The pressure was on. It was me and chase left. We’re friends, but now it competition. We lasted 12 minutes; we beat the oldest girls in this contest! But it was still going on. Now we had to do it towards the back. TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment