Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Chapter 2: First Day



     " C'mon sweetie, time to wake up. First day at Earth school!" My mom exclaimed. She was right. Today was the day that depended all the other one's.

 My family got away with me when I took the sacred grains of black dust. The knights are looking for them too, to track me down from them. But we saw it coming and they escaped at the last minute. 
 
I jumped out of bed, excited but nervous. What would the kids think of me? I have to set a low profile. Don't get into trouble. Don't be known. Almost invisible. 

" What to wear? Sweats? Nah, too relaxed. Skirt? Oh gosh no! Too fancy. How about this?" I pushed all of the other unimportant clothing out of the way in my closet. There lay a regular outfit. Jeans and sweatshirt. Not too high of a profile. 

I walked down the stairs trying not to wake up my little sister, Kylie. Kylie is five and clueless. My parents told her that we moved to get a better life, which was true but in clueless five year old form. Kylie hasn't really developed fairy abilities. Like fast reflexes and all the mind tricks. Also teleportation, well, I haven't even developed that. Only mom and grandma Soph have. Only females can do that. Male faires pretty much do nothing, as usual. 

"Honey I made you pancakes for your first day! Eat up." I inched to the clock and looked sideways. 8:00. Only 30 minutes until my life is in the hands of a new world. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment