Thursday, May 22, 2014

AHW

when mr.Jospeh talked to us about how he knows how African American students feel now that we express our feelings, all I thought about was my great Great great great great grandmother who lved during slavery. she was a strong black woman who never have up. just because she was a slave, doesn't mean she was ashamed of herself. her name was charity butler. she was a run away slave. she moved up north and began to make her way to victory! she owned 42 acres of land and made the bets of it! I just wish I could see her one day. I've seen pictures of her when she owned the land, I thought she would look happy that she was free, but she had a straight face in every pic. I learned that it is her culture to not smile in a picture, and that she was very happy to be free. I knew she HAD to be happy, because I saw that sparkle in her eyes. her eyes were filled with joy, even with a straight mouth and eyebrows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment