Friday, December 5, 2014

Just let go!

I looked down nervously. 65 feet up, 70 feet across. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. 
" it's ok Nia, just let go!" Matt told me. Matt cheered everyone on. He has the best day counceler I ever had. I closed my eyes and heard all my friends at the bottom of the zip line cheering for me. 
" c'mon Nia! You can do it! Just jump, you'll feel better! " they shouted. Opened my eyes and looked down the line, and into the horizon. I suddenly felt my feet lift off of the plank. There was nothing I could do to go back, so I let go. I flew with the birds. It was like galloping through the air, like a horse in the fields. I came to the slope and glided through the  blue afternoon sky and came to a stop. Like stopping a dream. Jenny, another counceler, unhooked me from the line and I climbed down the ladder with excitement. All my friends gathered around me and patted me on the back. 
"Nia that was awesome! How weren't you scared?!" They questioned. And All I said was, " I let go."

No comments:

Post a Comment