Thursday, October 10, 2013

Zip Line

                                Zip Line!

     One sunny day at my one week sleep away camp I was probably the most exited person in my group! We were going to the zip line! "How much longer until we get to base camp?!?!" I said to my counselor Freddy.Base camp was where the zip line,the rock wall,the horse camp and the big swig was."About two more minutes." He said in excitement.
Two minutes later we were there!Just seeing it made me want to climb up the stairs and jump off! "Put on your harness and helmet everyone." Another counselor named Daniel said.I put on my brown harness and blue helmet as fast as a lightening bolt.It was a really confusing on where to put my legs in.Up the stairs to the zip line I went. Creak,creak creak the stairs creaked.The more creaking I heard the more nervous I got. I got this.chickening out is not an option! I thought to my self. Soon I was at the top of the steps. "Don't look down." I said. 
Daniel clipped me to the zip line and told me to go when ever I'm ready I could go. I started leaning forward and my feet were off the ground!Ahhhhhhhhhh! I screamed. The very beginning it was really scary but soon it was awesome.I was doing it,I was actually doing it! I felt like I was flying in mid air! When I got off all of my friends were laughing and telling me I did a good job. I had a lot of fun that day and that week I hope I could go again next year.



                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment